Black truffles are the fruit body of small ascomycete fungi, mostly one of the Tungales. There are also some other genera of mushrooms that fall under this category including Peziza, Geopora, Leucangium, and a dozen more. All these fungi grow in dark, damp places like the cracks of rocks, under decaying trees, and the roots of aquatic plants.
Most of the fungi thrive on decaying leaves, stems, and twigs. Some of them grow on trees and bark, while others grow only on the stems and leaves of certain plants. When fungi grow under the surface of the ground they produce sulfur compounds, which is their way of keeping the surrounding soil bacteria and other microorganisms from attacking them. As a result, the fungi live longer and produce larger mushrooms, which then produce more black truffles.
Black truffles have long been considered a delicacy by many civilizations around the world. However, they are also popular in some parts of Asia. The Greeks, Romans, and Egyptians were fond of them too. In fact, they were probably the first types of food known to man, at least during prehistoric times. They are used in some parts of Europe in making bread, salads, and pies, though there are many other uses for them.
In Japan, they are used as a topping for steaks and grilled fish, while in France they are used as an ingredient in soups, sauces, pies, and other desserts. In Germany, they are used in sausage. In Switzerland, they are used in salads. In the United States, they are used as a garnish on ice creams. The Italian use them as a garnish on pasta dishes.
In some parts of Europe, the black truffle used as a garnish in a variety of Geophyllinum, which is a member of the Geophyta family of fungi. This type of truffle grows only on dead leaves and stems of plants that are still green and contain no chlorophyll. which is the pigment that gives a mushroom its color.
The other varieties of Truffles that are widely known are the Geolignum and Trincherococcus, which are the same fungi but grow on decaying plant leaves. The Trincherococcus has a dark-brown color.
A natural compound that is called truffle salt is obtained from the black truffles when they are dried. It is very useful for curing and preserving the truffles because it contains trace amounts of tannic acid, an antibacterial compound that helps reduce bacterial growth. It also has other anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that can be beneficial for use in the treatment of various skin and digestive disorders.
The black truffle salt is made out of either a natural or artificial mixture of these two. One of them, preferably the synthetic, is more preferable, although you must try both before you decide which to buy, as a mix that does not contain any tannic acid or a chemical can be harmful to you and your food.
For example, if you wish to make a homemade truffle salt that has the benefits of the commercial one, you need to add some of the natural compounds to the artificial compound. However, when making the latter, you do not want to add too much since the natural compound has the ability to destroy the fungus in the mushroom. The tannic acid can be added to a few drops of the mixture and then added to the mushrooms after they have been cut into pieces and soaked overnight. This should be done three or four times, but it will depend on the size of the mushrooms.
When this is done, you have to spread the mixture over the pieces of mushroom. This will cause the mushrooms to dry up and then harden. After the drying is complete, you can then take this mixture off the mushrooms and rub it gently on the affected areas of the body as well as the surrounding skin to eliminate the fungus from the skin. If you are using this salt on the surface of your skin, you can rub in circular motions over the affected area for a few days to kill the fungus.
However, if you wish to cure the truffles that have already been infected with fungus, you need to put the dried mixture directly on the infected areas. The fungi will then die because of the oxygen supply that is supplied to the fungus by the truffles. Do this for two or three days and then wash the truffles off with clean water.
It is important that the truffles are not left on the surface of the skin for too long or it can be eaten because the black truffle salt can burn the skin. If you like to eat the fungi, you can dip them into this salty solution once they are dried up. This will cause the truffles to be softer and soften so that they can be consumed with ease.